Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One last stripe post for the year



I know that I just posted an image of a stripe carpet (the lovely in my dining room) but here ya go one more striped post for 2010 (can not believe this year is almost over, can you?) for good measure. I just find the stripe such an easy pattern. This look can go in just about any room of the home, can be dramatic, classic, modern, country, fun and most are quite 'forgiving'- very good for our busy lives. 


 I love the simplicity of this design and the mix up of pieces and the cocoa brown rug w/ creamy stripes is quite handsome.Love the calendar thingy too.





Woodward Weave,
reminds me of the gorgeous Elizabeth Eakins rug in Something's Got to Give





just for the nerve of it- a crazy cool missoniesque carpet



Love the stairs, carpets and the rose vine pruned in to a wreath.


Gyun Hur a recent recipient of the Hudgens Center for the Arts prize; 
does art imitate design or design imitate art...
I say it's a mutual relationship.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Rosalind Russell's blazer and hat!

*thanks for visiting*